Sunday, September 14, 2014

Planning Ichabod Crane Costume

My husband wants to be Ichabod Crane from Fox TV's Sleepy Hollow series. this is the costume Crane wore most of season one. It is a type of Revolutionary War uniform suit coat. He then has breeches and a shirt.  Remember, the dark blue would have been normal for the coat but not necessarily the shirt.  However, he was buried for 200 plus years! I will have to do some creative distressing to give it that aged look rather than fresh from the tailor.
 
 

This is an example of the coat worn by an officer.  It has the lapels that Crane has on his coat.

 
This is a coat worn by General George Washington.  It also has the lapels and the rows of shiny buttons.
 
 
The pattern I will be using is the one below from Butterick.  The jacket does not have the lapels so I will have to create those and add them in. 
I ordered three yards of blue wool from Fashion Fabrics club.  We will see if it comes out anything like I hope it does.  Buying fabric without being able to touch it is scary.

 
Stay tuned to see how it turns out.
Blessings,
Jeannine

No comments:

Post a Comment