Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pirate Costume-Captain Jack Inspired

My husband agreed to dress as a pirate for our upcoming Disney Cruise.  And he was quite the sport for doing this photo shoot in 103 degree weather!
I used the Simplicity 4923 for the three pieces. 
 
 
The white shirt is plain muslin.

 
The trousers are a bottom weight cotton.

 
He purchased the boots.  Hey, every man needs a little fun and after all-Shoes!!
 

 
The vest is from a stash of 35 meters of upholstery fabric we bought eleven years ago in Damascus, Syria.  We had planned to re upholster our furniture but no one would touch it here in the states because the fabric does not have the rubberized backing.  It is just fabric.  It actually washes and dries beautifully! I have used some for bed skirts and sewn some as a slipcover for a footstool. it pleats well.  However, it is extremely heavy in bulk.  I have thought of making a 1600s style costume, but it would be heavy.  (Any suggestions for its use would be appreciated.  Or I could be persuaded to sell it.)

 
The scarf is one he brought back from the Middle East and I added some fish net to complete the look.


 
Thank you for looking at my Captain (place name here) inspired costume.
Jeannine



No comments:

Post a Comment