Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hitchhiking Ghost Costume for Halloween

I had completely planned on making The Ichabod Crane costume for my husband.  But I ran into a lack of time, like many of us do when we plan a project. The trousers I made him came out too small.  I think I cut them too small and then gathered too much across the back and they couldn't be worn.  I will finish them and put them up for sale on my etsy shop.
 
On to the fun.
 
We went into Party City to find something to make him a quality costume that didn't look thrown together. We found this Lincoln Stove Pipe hat for $12.99. We stopped in at Target and picked up the glow in the dark spider webs for $3.00 and the cosmetics for about $6.00.
Back at home we pulled out his wool overcoat and a shirt and slacks and his pirate boots.  We coated hat and coat with the cobwebs and painted his face with a combination of costume and regular cosmetics.
All together the pieces turned him into a "Hitchhiking Ghost" from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.
 
 
I think it was a successful costume.  And not raggedy and thrown together.

 

 

 

 
Here is Athena again, hitchhiking! Daughter Pier took these photos of her dad.

 
Two happy haunts!
 
I will finish the  Ichabod Crane costume by December 1.  That is my goal!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Jeannine

No comments:

Post a Comment