Sunday, June 12, 2016

Regency Travel Challenge Update

I know I have not posted everyday on this blog as per the CoBloWriMo challenge was designed to do.  I have two reasons for this: I don't have any thing to post on some challenge topics, and life seems to have gotten even busier as the summer started. So I will post as I can.

Today the topic is to give a progress report on something we are working on. In my first post I said I wanted to work on  the Travel challenge for the Historical Sew Monthly group. 
I have made some progress.  I cut out and sewed my daughter's dress.
I will post pictures of the finished dress later when we do a photo shoot.

For my Regency Travel dress I am using Simplicity 4055 and adjusting the front of the bodice to criss cross.  I am also going to eliminate the tie at the neck and the waist in favor of a button or hook and eye closing in the back.

I have thought about using a trim around the neckline  as in this inspiration painting.  I have not gotten out to look for any yet.  So onward I go.

Keep checking back.  I will get this one done!

No comments:

Post a Comment