Sunday, August 13, 2017

My Beloved Husband, TheGood Costume Sport

Recently I downloaded all the pictures from my phone to my computer and I realized that my husband Ron has been a super good sport about dressing up in costumes with me. He professes that he doesn't like costumes, but If he is going to dress, he is going all the way.

So I have gathered a few of the costumes he has worn in the last two years.
Here of course is our 1740-1760 couples costumes.


I made him an American coat circa 1770-1780. He has yet to wear it in a full costume. It is made from cotton flannel (wool is too expenxsive and hot).  It was part of an Ichabod Crane from Sleepy Hollow the TV series costume.


I had nothing to do with this one.  He dressed up with a fellow teacher to be Tweedledee and Tweedledum for the Mother's Day Tinkerbell 10K marathon. He ran in that, hat and all.


This one was totally on him as well.  Our high school has been having a special finals week the last two Decembers.  The kids study and take finals.  Teachers grade everything and dress silly.  this was Christmas movie day.  He wanted to be Cousin Eddy from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Nailed it!


His first marathon was Labor day weekend in Disneyland.  Our daughter and her husband and two friends dressed as Matterhorn bobsledders. And Ron was the Yeti.  And they ran 13.1 miles in those outfits.


We have been on two Disney Cruise Line cruises. They have a pirate night midweek on every cruise.  So because I love pirates,  we had to dress up the whole way.
This was our second year.


This was the first.

He gets asked to be the pastor at the school's baccalaureate.  He uses an example from modern media to help show his points to the students.  Here he is using the three challenges to Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade. So he had to buy the hat and dress the part.


Another Halloween: I was steampunk Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog.  He was zombified.


For  the previous Halloween, Bert and Mary Poppins


Thank you for taking this little costume journey with me.  I love making and wearing them and I hope you can find a little inspiration.
Which one is the best? Drop me a response, please!
Blessings,
Jeannine


No comments:

Post a Comment